Monday, March 26, 2012

My Heart Melts

This morning, Olivia and I took a walk around Coles Crossing Park with a good friend. We had bought a Groupon to Smart Drinks, and needed to use it soon, so Olivia and I headed there after our walk and play time at the park. I ordered a large smoothie and had the guy put some of it in a separate smaller cup for Olivia to have.

The guy and I were looking at a whey protein mix for Ethan, and all of a sudden, Olivia looks up at me from taking a long sip of her smoothie and says, "thank you momma." My heart melted. When she was itty bitty, we always spoke the words "thank you" and "you're welcome" in hopes of one day she would say them when she started talking. Since she started talking, we would always remind her of when to say those nice words and ask her to repeat them. But, she had never said it on her own without any prompting until today!

I have those days that can be oh so demanding and my energy is zapped by 1pm, but all of that is nothing compared to the joy I felt today with Olivia. Just one of those snapshot moments I will always cherish. I love you, Olivia.

No comments:

Post a Comment