Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Community Bible Study

Olivia and I were have been so blessed to be a part of Community Bible Study since the beginning of the school year. CBS is an inter-denominational bible study for ladies of all ages. There are a number of CBS groups in the Houston area, but I belong to the NW chapter that meets on Wednesday mornings at the Foundry Church on Jones Rd. near 290.

The CBS program provides in-depth studies of books of the Bible, brought to us by core-group discussion time, devotionals, lectures and daily homework. This year, we studied Hebrews, Galatians and James. Next year, we are studying the books of Mark and Ephesians. I feel as though I have grown more spiritually, and have learned so much about how to live my life first for Jesus, others and then myself.

Even though I have been so fortunate to gain so much from the program, especially from those ladies in my core group, I cannot praise the CBS Children's program enough!! Olivia has learned so much about being a loving child and servant of God, and wears her heart proudly for Jesus from learning Bible stories, lessons, songs and memorizing scripture from her awesome CBS teachers.

CBS is moving to Thursday mornings next year, and since I had already registered her for school Tuesdays and Thursdays next year, she won't be back for another year. So sad. Today on their last day, the children performed songs they had learned all year. It's so funny to watch Olivia. She is just a HAM for crowds, and then of course, forgot most of her words and routine during the performance! She was one of the younger children on stage. But, I did enjoy hearing her sing all the words as we drove home, ate lunch and sat down to watch these videos.

Click here to watch video #1

Click here to watch video #2

Click here to watch video #3

Click here to watch video #4

No comments:

Post a Comment