Saturday, January 14, 2012

31st birthday and Firsts

2012 has been quite busy for us. First, we celebrated Ethan's birthday with Amy and Andy that evening with a BBQ dinner and dessert at Orange Leaf. We really enjoyed spending adult time with them before they are set to leave for Wichita, KS soon. I will really miss them!!

That same weekend, we had a combined birthday celebration for Ethan's mom at Shogun where Olivia had her first hibachi cooking experience. She didn't really care for the show, especially the flames. It's all so predictable....beating heart, egg in the chef's hat, onion volcano train, ha! Afterwards, we came home and enjoyed a yummy gluten-free cake I made along with some Ben and Jerry's "Late Night Snack." Olivia helped open daddy's presents.





I got Ethan's MBA Tulane diploma framed for his new downtown office. He's enjoying his new assignment and being back in an office after a few years of being in a cubicle. Unfortunately, he's having the take the park and ride bus now, which means he's home later than I'd like. But that's ok. I think I will visit one day and help him decorate a little more.

----------------------------------

Olivia had her first swim lesson today. I had her excited all week leading up to today, so that she would enjoy it. After two minutes of being scared, she really warmed up to the pool and to her teacher Matt. Today, we swayed back and forth and jumped up and down in the water. We started showig her how to kick, scull the water with her hands, going under and getting out of the water. I think she will really enjoy her weekly lessons, and I am looking forward to her graduating on to the next class so I can stay out of a swim suit. :o)






No comments:

Post a Comment